Reply To: To Fly, to Scrooge

Back to Forum

MrMichael
Participant

I am not sure of the figures but a lot of airlines have as their premium offering Business Class. I guess for those that still do offer 1st Class they somehow to make sure the business class is good, but not so good as to stop people booking first. As an example, BA has on many aircraft four classes, all of them going to from the same place at the same time. So the question for an airline is how do you get people to choose to pay more for the same trip. It can only really be done through pre & post flight services and onboard quality of the hard and soft product. I figure airlines that only offer two classes (econ/business) have an easier time of it. They do not have to make sure premium economy does not steal pax from business, business does not steal from first etc. Must be quite a hard balancing act for BA and others with similar product lines that need to differentiate the different class levels without hacking people off so much they choose an alternative airline (as some on here have clearly done).

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls