Reply To: To Fly, to Scrooge

Back to Forum

Charles-P
Participant

ViajeroUK – I was interested to read that you prefer Schiphol over Heathrow. During the period when Brussels was closed I made use of Schiphol for a number of flights, the journey there is very easy for me as there is a direct train connection from Antwerp which is close to my Belgian house. Curiously I did find the airport somewhat lacking ‘warmth’. It may well be the single terminal design or the brusk manner in which the Dutch conduct themselves when traveling but either way I did not enjoy it. They do however do security well, with a large number of scanning areas and staff that seem to have been well trained.

I did use KLM for a flight to the US during this period but I found the Business Class seat to be very uneven making it difficult for a comfortable sleep plus on my flight the privacy screen between the seats kept rattling which was annoying. Overall not as good as BA in my view.

Magazine Subscription
BTUK September 2017
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls