Reply To: To Fly, to Scrooge

Back to Forum

ViajeroUK
Participant

Have to agree with FDOS and others about the BA Club seating. I thought the ying-yang layout was pretty good when I first tried it in the ´90s, but now seems so dated. The 2-4-2 layout with tight seats is no fun at all, so claustrophobic with the requirement for gymnastic feats to reach the aisle without disturbing your new best friend in the adjoining seat.

Lack of storage space is an issue for me, I wear glasses and there is just nowhere to put them when sleeping, and nowhere for the water bottle either, at least there wasn´t when I last flew in BA Club, which must have been some six or seven years ago. I gave up on BA about that time and now use KLM/AF for majority of my LH flights. No charge for seat selection, plenty of at seat storage for glasses, water bottles etc etc. Cabin crew, KLM in particular, are focused and cabin service is normally excellent, IFE doesn´t bother me as I rarely use it.

For me Heathrow is a pain to get to, so even if BA upped their game I would need big incentives to be dragged away from Schiphol. It remains surprising to me that so many people endure BA when there are so many better, and often cheaper options out there. Not everyone lives in London and regional UL airports are in many cases a delight to use compared to LHR

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls