Reply To: To Fly, to Scrooge

Back to Forum

FDOS_UK
Participant

It’s curious how BA receives such criticism here and yet to my mind it still does well many things.

Website – Works well, fast and easy to use.

Food – Generally good with some nice reminders of home for us semi-expats

Seat – In Club World long haul very comfortable and with a nice design

Crew – Professional, friendly and knowledgeable.

Business – Commercially stable and profitable without massive State subsidies.

You have your opinion and others have theirs, so it is a matter of perspective

Website – unstable, prone to crashing, information sometimes unreliable

Food – Generally poor, but can be good on certain routes (whether food is nice or not is highly subjective and thus no one is right/wrong, it’s purely preference – I had what I consider a poor main course on Turkish, yesterday, yet Turkish earn a lot of plaudits for the food) – however, failing to get first choice is a problem on routes where pre-selection is not available

Seat – In Club World long haul, little useable storage space when flat, cramped, hate looking at someone I don’t know for long, the stool is prone to collapse

Crew – Professional, friendly and knowledgeable. Can be, some of the best I’ve met have been on BA< but many are demotivated and disengaged and some newer joiners don’t know how to run the service properly

Business – Commercially stable and profitable without massive State subsidies

At the end of the day, BA will always attract more praise and brickbats due to it’s high profile on UK centric fora – however the mood music does seem to be changing in the press – yes, the DM has had always hated BA, but when the Economist ploughs in, it is unusual.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls