Reply To: To Fly, to ScroogeCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines British Airways To Fly, to Scrooge Reply To: To Fly, to Scrooge

FaroFlyer
Participant

I agree with Charles-P, BA does a reasonable job. There is no chance to ever expand at LHR so they must maximise revenue from the base while developing West and South bound traffic through the other base DUB, where there is capacity as it expands, and, hopefully, developing East and South bound traffic through MAD where there is capacity and the will to increase capacity.

Being MD of BA / IAG is a bit like being England Football manager: We could all do better as we all know what to do. In the case of football it is simply a case of having the right players in the right formation, and scoring more goals that the opposition (excluding home goals!) In the case of BA we want direct flights from our local airports to our chosen destination at the time that suits us. We also expect legroom, or flat beds, perfect service, low prices and the ability to earn and redeem loyalty points at whim. I don’t know what could be more simple?

Oh, the difference between the English football team and BA / IAG is that BA / IAG have to make a profit. Perhaps I’ll just manage the football team, though both jobs are so easy I might just do both.