Reply To: To Fly, to ScroogeCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines British Airways To Fly, to Scrooge Reply To: To Fly, to Scrooge

UAEScot1
Participant

Lets all be really honest here, Walsh and his cronies are desperately trying to dive this once prestigious airline to the bottom as quickly as possible. Cruz is no more than a puppet!!!
I have just completed my mandatory 4 sectors to maintain gold again, AUH – LHR – EDI return and it was to be fair torture.
I was in WTP and the AUH – LHR return was to be fair inconsistent but at worst embarrassing.
Recently we had a change of crew on the route from Mixed fleet to WWF and that’s certainly not improved the service although granted the crew can only play with the hand they have been dealt by Cruz.

The Galleries North was just a disgrace at 7 -8am more like a cattle market rather than an executive lounge, little or no food available so in the end I went and had breakfast with my son (who had checked in earlier at LHR) in the pub below with his free 30GBP voucher BA give him every time he travels as they refuse him entry to the lounge as a silver because is is under 18 !! so we both had a full English, fruit salad and Tea for less than the voucher !!!(that perk will go soon I am sure)
LHR – EDI – crew were great and a hot breakfast was offered and to be fair again the pack with two slices of bread is ideal to make a bacon Sandwich….but no sauce anymore
EDI lounge is modern, not too busy but struggled with the volume and appeared to always have no cups for the coffee machine.
EDI – LHR was again a good flight crew very chatty and for once (except no sauce again) in a long time a decent BA service.
My others flights this year have been multiple J sectors with CX which have been flawless to HKG and HND
AUH – TXL – WAW twice with AB which again were great flights, comfortable in Y, crew did come and speak to me and I was moved into XL seats on both flights
AUH to VIE with Niki in J which was OK although not a flat bed the service from the crew was great as was the breakfast served into Vienna.
All in all these other One World carriers are IMHO currently delivering a better service than BA is.

BA needs to wake up or before they know it we will have all selected other airlines either within One World or the ME3 and its gang.