Reply To: I constantly lie to get airplane upgrades. Is that unethical?

Back to Forum

MrMichael
Participant

In my line of work I deal quite often with T&C’s in car parks, including the fact many car parks that operate Pay & Display try to dissuade people from passing the unused part of their paid for time to someone else entering the car park. Many authorities have now been persuaded to drop the T&C on the basis it is wholly unenforceable and frankly petty. I give the example of 4 sausage rolls from Greggs is cheaper than buying four separately, if I buy four thus taken advantage of the discount and then give one away, is that fair on Greggs, should they have a T&C saying only those purchasing their offers can consume them. T&C’s by their nature need to be reasonable, but also enforceable in some way.

My ex EU flights are clearly against the letter of the T&C’s, however one would be hard pressed to convince a court I have caused the airline a loss, and thus it could not be fraud. Anyway, each time I have dropped the last sector it is because I was feeling tired and emotional. 🙂

Magazine Subscription
BTUK September 2017
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls