Reply To: I constantly lie to get airplane upgrades. Is that unethical?

Back to Forum

MrMichael
Participant

Not sure why your having a pop at me FDOS, I am agreeing with you. I did not suggest I was guilty of any fraud, I was being ironic. I am in breach of the T&C’s of my ticket that to some extent might be dishonest as I have done it for financial gain. Equally someone spinning a yarn to get an upgrade is not in breach of anything other than decent behaviour. I am very clear that neither are criminal. The point I was making is that denying you your EC261 compensation may give you the opportunity to try criminal law against the airline in view of the recent Supreme Court case. I agree that employees cannot be told to do things that are illegal, so a defense in law previously would be the employee was acting outside the scope of that employment. This case likely blows that defense out of the water, it makes clear the employer is responsible for the actions of the employee during working time irrelevant of how bizarre or outrageous and unforeseen it might be.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls