Reply To: Pre-landing snackCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines British Airways Pre-landing snack Reply To: Pre-landing snack

rferguson
Participant

I seriously wouldn’t be surprised if BA introduces BOB not only on short haul but on long haul also. Operating as some kind of hybrid airline – loco in economy and premium (well) in First and Club. BA has this mentality (wrong IMHO) that passengers in economy don’t really care what they are given as long as they get the lowest price.

The pre landing ‘snack’ is an embarrassment. It’s certainly been commented on onboard. But more annoying is the ‘tuck boxes’ have been removed from the longer long haul flights. So absolutely NADA to eat between meals. Had an inbound connection to LHR and slept through the main meal service after take off? Tough. We have nothing to offer you. Even the bar snack pretzels have been taken off. BA says on internal forums that some of these changes are already in place with other full service carriers flying flights of a similar duration. I’d like them to name one that offers a fun sized mars bar as a ‘second service’ (although someone did mention EI upthread). On SOME flights I can understand the logic. For example on say a BOS/JFK/YYZ/YUL/PHL etc-LHR flight these are generally overnight and in the region of 5hr50min. A hot meal after take off and a quick tea/coffee/juice/cereal bar before landing is sufficient. But on flights longer than this – or the daylight westbound ones when passengers are all awake – it’s just crazy.

**My personal opinions only**