Reply To: Rule disallowing passengers to check-in more than 3 hour before a flight?Create Topic

Home Forums Business Traveller Blogs New Business Traveller website and forum Rule disallowing passengers to check-in more than 3 hour before a flight? Reply To: Rule disallowing passengers to check-in more than 3 hour before a flight?

PeterCoultas
Participant

I’m a bit puzzled by this thread…I cannot remember when it has not been possible to check in on line around 24 hours in advance (returning from Australia on SQ 18 months ago included). Checking hold baggage is a different story and can be a problem when travelling with wives as then the baggage deposits are not open so far in advance.
In a slightly different context (escaping crashed planes) why not charge for carry-on and leave hold baggage free. Such an approach would seriously reduce the problems of idiots trying to collect their belongings in serious situations and (assuming the hand-bag payment was noted on the “ticket”) need not cause problems for those (like me) who can travel hand-bag only.