Reply To: Short transit DOHCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines Qatar Airways Short transit DOH Reply To: Short transit DOH

Ahmad
Participant

HighlandTraveller,

A OneWorld Emerald or Sapphire card will get you and a guest access to the Qatar Airways First and Business Class Lounges respectively (as I haven’t used them, can’t comment on how good they are). The AlSafwa and AlMourjan Lounges allow access to First and Business Class OneWorld Airlines’ (not just QR’s) passengers, however, no guests are allowed. Flying on Qatar I have used the AlMourjan Lounge even when my onward flight was in Economy because I was transiting and had arrived in Business on a flight longer than 5 hours (even though I had two separate tickets) by showing the dragon my inward and outward boarding passes. Haven’t had occasion to use this rule for AlSafwa but I understand one can do that irrespective of whether the onward flight is in Business or Economy. I don’t know whether they will allow one to use these Lounges when not actually travelling First or Business on other OneWorld Carriers after having flown in on a flight longer than 5 hours. Would be grateful if someone who’s done that let’s us know.