Reply To: Emirates crash lands at Dubai InternationalCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines Emirates Emirates crash lands at Dubai International Reply To: Emirates crash lands at Dubai International

Edski777
Participant

F_DOS, always a pleasure to disagree with you.

If there is a choice between the added risk of taking relatively bulky and heavy items into the cabin for your convenience and the safety of passengers I would opt for the last. And so should airlines as they are responsible for our safety on board.
The fact that it may be inconvenient to spend some of the airlines’ money to extend ones wardrobe if a case is temporarely lost is second to my and other passengers safety. Call it selfish, but in case of my safety that’s what I am. And yes, I have been in this unfortunate situation a number of times. I do know from first hand experience what I am talking about.
Rules on cabin baggage are set for a reason and should be enforced. Extreme limits, like 20 kg cabin baggage allowances, should be outlawed. Even a projectile of 7 kg can do quite some harm when it drops on somebody even from the height of a bin.
The argument on professional equipment is a bit ludicrous. Professional equipment, like cameras, etc, should be professionally packaged in order to be transported in the hold. They would easily go over the allowed limits and would present a danger to the other passengers.

And on the issue of lost luggage: yes, airlines must improve their performance on this. Maybe time for a EU 261A on luggage?