Reply To: Singapore Airport – SQ lounge has no resting facilities

Back to Forum

Pies1311
Participant

I agree with you re the SQ Biz lounge at Changi. There is a quiet area within the lounge however this still has the same seating, I have often seen people put 2 chairs together to get some sleep…but not at all ideal.
There are plans to revamp the main lounge in Terminal 3, I think this work is due to start next year so hopefully this will provide proper couches. However having seen the new style SQ lounge at Heathrow and HK don’t count on it, but as its their hub airport you never know.

My major gripe for SQ at Changi is they have a separate lounge for Star Alliance Gold members travelling in classes outside Biz. This lounge is truly awful, basic food, no bathroom in the lounge.
Also SQ policy on not allowing lounge entry for Star Alliance gold travelling on Silk Air (even when booked on an SQ ticket!) sucks. Hence when I travel short haul and I know its going to be Silk Air I always select another airline (Thai or One World) where I am guaranteed lounge entry with my status.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls