Reply To: Short transit DOH

Back to Forum

SGJNI1961
Participant

I am not a fan of DOH. Arrived from LHR, simple transfer, no re screening, easy stroll to the distant lounge. However, on my return from JNB, scheduled for a 60 min transfer (after a schedule change reduced it from 2hrs), landed on time but taxi/air bridge took 15 mins, then had to walk for ages to go back through security, a complete joke. Two lanes for about 600/800 pax! Total scrum and chaos for 15 mins. Believing we would miss our flight from a far away C gate, we ran a bloody long way only to find that once boarded, the flight was delayed due to the fact that other transfer passengers were still not on board!!!! Having almost given myself a coronary, I thought I would use the time to drink some champage(well, it was almost 7am in Doha), and check that my bag had been loaded. “Yes sir” was the answer, only to arrive in AMS to find that it hadn’t, yet my friend who had not checked, got her’s second off the belt??????? I was not a happy bunny but the bag did arrive in Belfast 2 days later.
I hope your transfer is at a quiet time or that you are not required to go back through security or you are handy with your elbows! Good luck. My next transit at DOH is 5 hours, I will cope better when I get to the First lounge.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls