Reply To: Do you remember your first business class flight?Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines Virgin Atlantic Do you remember your first business class flight? Reply To: Do you remember your first business class flight?

Selbyjay
Participant

February 2016! MAN-MCO on VS. Me and the other half celebrating our anniversary.

Booked Economy but had cause for complaint for 3rd time on 3rd consecutive flight. Complaint escaleted to Craig Kregger’s office. Got a great reply with promise of “space available” upgrade to Premium. I didnt hold my breath. I’ve worked in travel long enough to know how often comp upgrades happen.

Woke up on the morning of the flight, checked the Virgin app on my phone to check the status of the flight. Checked the seat numbers. Checked the seat numbers again. Checked map on Seatguru. Checked seat numbers again. Jumped out of bed, screamed a little bit. Completely missed breakfast at the hotel for excitement.

Even though we’d checked in online, check-in staff reissued boarding passes. I couldnt let myself believe it until i had the boarding pass in my hand with “UPPER CLASS” blazened down the left hand side. Quick email back to the office to gloat : )

The service was impeccable (but always is on VS). The food was excellent and, lucky for us, it was a LHR configuration of the 747 so we had upper deck seating and the “proper” bar area. We both absolutely loved it! Such a great experience.

After that, it was quickly repeated by LAS-MAN using Flying Club points as a surprise for my mum’s birthday after we’d done US Coast to Coast.

And now we’ve got Qatar to Thailand business class booked for February. I’m honestly never flying economy again!