Reply To: Product and Price v LoyaltyCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines British Airways Product and Price v Loyalty Reply To: Product and Price v Loyalty

AlanOrton1
Participant

I’d venture I am more loyal to OW than to BA, though BA is my home airline / am gold with them.

Fortunately OW partners, in addition to BA, travel where I need to go, so I often have an option and if BA is not fairly comparable price wise (which it often isn’t travelling to Asia), I have no qualms in using other OW airlines.
Maintaining Gold is quite important to me as I feel a combination of the perks, plus assistance if things go wrong are valuable.
Second is the Avios programme, as I like to travel with MrsO once per year (absolutely no work to be involved), in F if possible, using the Amex 241.
As I suspect I don’t travel to quite the extent as some posters and so don’t accrue many hundreds of thousands of miles per year, I see this as a benefit.

Going back to CX being expensive, on my last two trips in J to Asia this year, ex LHR, I found CX to be the most competitive OW carrier. I think this was because I was not solely travelling to HKG, but also including PVG, PEK, SIN etc. I’m sure I don’t earn as many avios flying partner airlines, but if they cost similar, and often offer a better product, I find it an easy choice to make.