Reply To: Product and Price v Loyalty

Back to Forum

MrMichael
Participant

Something that does strike me reading responses on here is how BA continue to do pretty well on Middle East routes, including Dubai and Doha. I have flown Qatar once in J earlier this year (Chennai – Doha as part of RTW)and agree the product was superior to BA’s. Not sure if like Australia it is feeder traffic from around Europe or if people actually prefer it. Avios etc do I am sure have an impact.

On the subject of BA upgrading its product, often on this forum BA’s race to the bottom is quoted. Never disagreed with the sentiment, I think BA is a solid 3.5 (three point five) star product and that is what it wants to be. The ME3 clearly have ambitions beyond that. Where people come unstuck is boarding a BA flight thinking they will get the five star treatment and then whine when they don’t. As with anything, if one sets ones expectations too high only disappointment will follow.

The other thing as mentioned, why would IAG/BA invest in a better product when loadings and margins tell them they don’t need to. Absolutely right, BA J is a tired product, but like a comfy old sofa it still serves the airline well, and the punters keep coming.

Edited to add, FDOS, my congrats to you and your son on his success. I say you too, offspring cannot do it without parents pushing. So well done both of you. I have my finger cross now for oldest offsprings O levels.

Magazine Subscription
BTUK September 2017
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls