Reply To: Product and Price v Loyalty

Back to Forum

FaroFlyer
Participant

GivingUpBA wrote that CX fares ex EU are very difficult to find, and he is correct. Last year I could see, on ITA Matrix, that CX had a fare ex LIS to HKG of <€2,200. I tried every booking site that I could think of and not one came even close so, in desperation, I found a telephone number for CX Lisbon. They told me that they cannot sell tickets, but recommended a local travel agent near Faro who were able to get exactly the fare I was trying to buy. When I was BHX based the best deals on CX were from business travel agents, and it seems that is still the case.

I agree with FDOS_UK that most choose the carrier by route and convenience,. I could never understand the plaudits for the ME3, but my travel is mainly HKG or China, so stopping halfway will never be as convenient as stopping after an hour or so in LHR / AMS / CDG / HEL then having >10 hours in which to sleep. If I was going to the ME then I would certainly prefer an ME3 carrier as I also would not want to waste time to transfer in the ME.

I hardly ever see anyone on this forum mention VS. Does anyone know what their PE is like now? I have bookings for VS PE and BA CW from LAS in October and wonder how much “worse” VS PE will be. It is almost a daytime flight as it departs at 15:00 so no great chance of being tired enough for a decent sleep. I welcome comments and advice.

Magazine Subscription
BTUK September 2017
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls