I’ve often flown between HKG and the UK in J class. To me, BA are much superior to, for example, QR:
– QR are getting more and more expensive
– BA are nonstop
– the QR A330 from HKG is a much poorer J-class product than BA
– of course CX are very good, but are often very expensive and hardly have an ex-EU option
– so despite my user name I prefer BA, or CX when they lower their fares
– I like the BA Club World window seat
This is an interesting insight (along with Martyn Sinclair’s) into why BA makes sense for some people and not others.
On my routes
– QR are always competitive
– BA are always indirect (so no advantgae over QR and a disadvantage to EK)
– the QR787 (or 777) is a superior aircraft to BA’s 777 or 747, as is the EK A380 (but not the EK777)
– the BA Club World window seat is a competent product, but not in the same league as the QR787 1-2-1 layout
It would seem we are a reasonably well informed community and pretty good at cost-benefit analysis in our own circumstance.