Reply To: Raffles Singapore

Back to Forum

AllOverTheGaff
Participant

Rooms are basic and rather Spartan. Ok if you like living amongst relics!
Raffles Singapore is overrated. Good if you have never stayed there, but I will be surprised if you will continue to stay there multiple times!

HongKongLady

I cannot disagree more with the above comment. I am headed to Singapore soon myself, am there for 12 days annually and always stay either in Raffles or opposite in Fairmont dependent on my work load. I’ve recommended Raffles to literally hundreds of people all of whom rave about the experience.

My 1st tip would be to request their Daimler to collect you from the airport, they have the spectacular JeyQuay experience, email them and ask about it. Second tip, ask concierge at check in if you can book a guided tour of the property, the history of the hotel truly brings it to life and gives you a fantastic insight into what makes Raffles so special.

A Sling in the Long Bar is an annual tradition of mines, and yes it is packed and as touristy as it gets, but hey-ho, such is the nature of something so famous.

Afternoon tea is spectacular, and Sunday Brunch even more so. The pool is an oasis of calm amid the skyscrapers of Singapore and I guarantee you will not find more courteous or helpful staff.

I don’t know what type of suite you are in, I normally go for the Courtyard Suite which is spacious, comfortable and quiet. Your butler will be able to explain all to you on arrival,.

One last tip, when you exit Raffles by the side door (where the Long Bar is), there’s a restaurant directly opposite called “Salt Tapas”, go here one night for dinner, it is another favourite of mines, by chef Luke Mangan great tapas. (Coriander Leaf restaurant in Chijmes is also very very good)

Enjoy Raffles for what it is, a sensational experience.

Rgds.
AOTG.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls