Reply To: Product and Price v LoyaltyCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines British Airways Product and Price v Loyalty Reply To: Product and Price v Loyalty

Henryp1
Participant

As LHR is my nearest airport I prefer to fly from there, generally the destinations I go to are covered by BA and I will use BA. I really don’t like changing planes during the journey as it adds unnecessary time for me which I can either use at my destination or be at home. Also a potential loss of baggage, I always check baggage in of at least one suitcase if not two, fortunately I have only had delayed baggage twice. Once on EK and another time on AF when I had changed planes.

I terms of BA, I use the carrier as first choice as I know the hard product so know what to expect. I do manage to rest well during the flights and this is important. The BAEC is a nice touch but not a deal breaker as I don’t credit all my flights depending who is paying and my destination. But I do appreciate that for some travellers lounge access does not come with their choice of ticket. I also like being able to understand the crew at all times, especially the in flight announcements. It’s a case of familiarity and knowing that I won’t have challenges being understood or understanding.

Overall I do believe that I gain value for my tickets and find the overall experience ok, but I feel very safe. These are both important considerations, just as I would never fly ex EU on BA due to the extra time and flights required. On average I take 3 to 4 long haul trips a month, often to the same destinations in both directions.

We were in Paris the other month and then had to travel onwards to SE Asia, rather than fly back to London we took QR onwards and then directly back to London. QR was very nice on the A380 in business class, but I don’t feel that I am missing out as BA and LHR are very convenient for me.

Potentially as a leisure traveller I may change my mind when time is not so important, but for the time being the quicker I can get home is the best result for us.

Henry