Reply To: Do you remember your first business class flight?Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines Virgin Atlantic Do you remember your first business class flight? Reply To: Do you remember your first business class flight?

seanyjmuclhr
Participant

Spring 1999 and it was on a Virgin Atlantic flight from LGW to EWR. We were booked into Premium Economy but upon check-in, we were informed we had been bumped up to Upper Class. Never had I been so excited to fly.

I remember the experience vividly. Boarding through door 1L on a 747, my seat was a window seat in a pair of two in the nose cone with the spiral staircase to upstairs behind in the middle.

When the cabin crew addressed me by name in order to serve me a drink, I couldn’t believe it, it felt so special. How did they know my name? Little did I realise crews had a print out manifest. The crew was amazing, the food and drink kept flowing and it was truly a memorable flight.

We weren’t given lounge access into the Clubhouse at LGW but it didn’t matter, it was amazing enough that we would fly up front. Family and friends were enthralled when I told them what had happened and what a great flight I had had on Virgin Atlantic.