Reply To: Product and Price v LoyaltyCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines British Airways Product and Price v Loyalty Reply To: Product and Price v Loyalty

FDOS_UK
Participant

Another point.

On various fora, some posters suggest they look for the Chatham House tail and feel at home as soon as they walk on baord – one can obviously see the attraction. Also, the PA announcements by BA pilots are often stated to be reaasuring, because of the accent.

Personally, whilst there are some airlines I would not fly on, because of behavioour I’ve observed first hand (Egyptair, for example), I would be just as happy to come home on most other European airlines, maybe because I have spent a lot of time working in Europe and lived in Malta for 10 years.

e.g. I did a run of work in Dammam, KSA and when the Privatair captain made his announcement in German accented English or the cabin crew welcomed me aboard with the same Schweiz Deutsch twang, at the end of that part of the engagement, I felt immediately safe and amongst friends. THey would also let me have a glass of something nice nealry as soon as the wheels were up, as opposed to waiting to exit KSA airspace.

Perhaps the less you have experienced life in another community, the more you might be drawn towards your own flag carrier?