Reply To: Product and Price v Loyalty

Back to Forum

MrMichael
Participant

A couple of things to note on your post Jonathon.

Why people choose BA very often is the case of price. A similar routing ex EU for instance in BA Club from say Oslo can be had (I have done it) from around the £1800 mark. Yes, ex LHR does not offer good value generally, and like you I would choose another carrier for such a saving and a better class of service. In reality a good proportion of BA,s loading screen are fed in to LHR from around Europe.

The product (I have experience of QR) certainly is of a higher standard than BA. The ME3 are hell bent on market penetration and once they think they are there then I can see service levels deteriorating (some say QR have started already). BA is a solid product (3-4 star) that suits many people, the ME3 with their 4-5 star service suits others. Many people don’t shop around like people on this forum, but will just book on an airline they know does the trip. So BA is a natural choice for many UK citizens, and along with the feeder traffic gives BA loadings where they don’t have to compete on price from the UK.

The question I ask myself, particularly with the traditional Far East airlines struggling on the Kangaroo route is why BA does not increase capacity and offer keener pricing.

Magazine Subscription
BTUK September 2017
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls