Reply To: Do you remember your first business class flight?Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines Virgin Atlantic Do you remember your first business class flight? Reply To: Do you remember your first business class flight?

Slotski
Participant

2006 and it was our honeymoon. Used bmi Diamondclub points to redeem flights. The outbound flight was with Air Canada MAN-YYZ in economy, YYZ-LAS in Business class and the return was with United LAS-IAD in economy (remember the days of TED, the route was economy only) connecting to IAD-LHR on-board a 777-200 – 2x3x2 recliner seats. We used the Mapleleaf lounge in YYZ, but as it was early morning we didn’t really indulge. At IAD due to the quick connection time we didn’t use the United lounge, but don’t think we missed much. Regarding the business class flights they certainly felt better than economy, but we didn’t think it was splashing out the extra money. e.g. the food was not that much better, only the larger seat differentiated between economy vs business.

Today either I have become spoilt flying flying business class regularly and/or business class has come along way on long haul flights and economy has got worse. Now we/I only fly business or occasionally PE for long haul flights.

I think my most special memory for a flight, was my first trip with Singapore Airlines in 2001. It was to New Zealand on Boeing 747-400/Boeing 777-200 in economy. It was memorable because the service, food, IFE, etc was so much better than anything I’d ever flown before (typically Monarch Airways, JMC, Britannia)