Reply To: Rule disallowing passengers to check-in more than 3 hour before a flight?Create Topic

Home Forums Business Traveller Blogs New Business Traveller website and forum Rule disallowing passengers to check-in more than 3 hour before a flight? Reply To: Rule disallowing passengers to check-in more than 3 hour before a flight?

TS-Andy
Participant

Thank you all for the inputs.

While I appreciate that an airline may have factors to consider such as 3rd party lounge access, additional hours for deploying ground staff for check-on, I would be very annoyed if SIA (having won many accolades)pulled a fast one in their written reply to my suggestion to extend the 3-hour check-in by conveniently putting the blame solely on the Airport’s control. If SIA replied that due to cost issues, I would understand but it would be up to me whether I thought SIA is listening to its customers.

I usually have no issues on the 3-hour check-in rule. But on one occasion, there was long queue for showers in the business class lounge (operated by Air China) for a mid-night flight. With long queue even in business class check-in counters (all waiting eagerly to check-in) , immigration clearance queue, security clearance queue, the last thing we want is queuing for showers.