Reply To: Emirates crash lands at Dubai InternationalCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines Emirates Emirates crash lands at Dubai International Reply To: Emirates crash lands at Dubai International

SimonS1
Participant

Following on from David, and on this particular flight, most of the people on that flight will be people who perhaps only fly once every 2 years as they return to their work. I cannot recall emphasis being made in the safety demo about leaving belongings behind, so they likely had no clue. Not a justification but just some food for thought!

True LP. I travelled back the following morning from Bangalore and noted:

1. It was mentioned in the safety briefing but only as a passing comment.

2. The safety briefing was in English/Arabic, there were migrant workers on the flight that spoke little of either.

3. Anyone who flies Emirates will know that the time around departure features a barrage of announcements, the safety briefing, how to use the ICE system etc, hello from flight deck, crew announcements about doors etc it all drags on to the point where few people are listening.

4. There were several passengers presumably returning from a trip home who used up every ounce of baggage allowance and some bags in the cabin were ridiculously big (had to go sideways in locker or be taken into business class).

This could all be tackled in a pragmatic way. In fact EK has had remarkably few incidents in 30+ years with no passenger fatalities so I can’t see too much need for knee jerk reactions and elaborate (non) fixes like locked lockers etc.