Reply To: Marriott remains the worst hotel chain!

Back to Forum

FaroFlyer
Participant

Stayed in 2 Marriotts in Germany last month and, because of Marriott LT Gold card, was upgraded to Exec lounge access. In Germany the lounges are now on a par with Hilton as they now offer spirits as well as wine & beer, all included. Also open till ~ 9PM. Food average, but as good as Hilton. I am currently Hilton Diamond but will lose that this year and go to Gold. As Hilton are not as generous as Marriott to Gold cards I shall book more with Marriott.

In my experience all of the major chains give Wi-Fi and points, but only if you book direct, and are enrolled in their programme. Think about it: If you book through a broker such as Booking / Hotels / Expedia you are presumably doing this as it is cheaper. The agency is getting say 15% commission so the hotel is probably getting ~20% less revenue than from a direct booking. Why would you expect anything to be included?

Magazine Subscription
BTUK September 2017
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls