Reply To: AA….. Appropriate?? Really???

Back to Forum

HongKongLady
Participant

The Hong Kong BA flight took off ok on the night of the typhoon, as did Finair which brought forward its departure time. Cathay Pacific took a different stance and cancelled everything from 10pm until 2pm the following day, plus additional earlier flights. They made this decision in the morning an I was informed by email that my flight would be cancelled. I was then unable to contact them via phone as it was constantly engaged. The very rude staff at the desk at Hong Kong station lied to me and I waited almost 5 hours at the reservations centre in Kowloon, where they had a flight via London then didnt.After much pushing on my account I was rerouted the following night via Frankfurt, luckily I realised before I left the office that they had tried to down grade me for my Frankfurt Manchester leg, or else I would not be writing this from the comfort of the Lufthansa lounge. Cathay’s customer service was dreadful and given that I am BA gold, I can only presume that counted for nothing. It was not the cancelled flight that I was cross about it was the lack of care given after. I would be very cross if my daughter had been downgraded, the points flight is not a free flight, you have earned it.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls