Reply To: AA….. Appropriate?? Really???Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines American Airlines AA….. Appropriate?? Really??? Reply To: AA….. Appropriate?? Really???

HongKongLady
Participant

The Hong Kong BA flight took off ok on the night of the typhoon, as did Finair which brought forward its departure time. Cathay Pacific took a different stance and cancelled everything from 10pm until 2pm the following day, plus additional earlier flights. They made this decision in the morning an I was informed by email that my flight would be cancelled. I was then unable to contact them via phone as it was constantly engaged. The very rude staff at the desk at Hong Kong station lied to me and I waited almost 5 hours at the reservations centre in Kowloon, where they had a flight via London then didnt.After much pushing on my account I was rerouted the following night via Frankfurt, luckily I realised before I left the office that they had tried to down grade me for my Frankfurt Manchester leg, or else I would not be writing this from the comfort of the Lufthansa lounge. Cathay’s customer service was dreadful and given that I am BA gold, I can only presume that counted for nothing. It was not the cancelled flight that I was cross about it was the lack of care given after. I would be very cross if my daughter had been downgraded, the points flight is not a free flight, you have earned it.