Reply To: Lifetime Gold British Airways Executive Club StatusCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines British Airways Lifetime Gold British Airways Executive Club Status Reply To: Lifetime Gold British Airways Executive Club Status

MarcusGB
Participant

Flying Blue are having some changes i hear from KLM management friends, so there is some greater recognition of those with 1 Million miles. I am almost there but Platinum anyway, but the miles are merged with status and spend miles, so not sure how they would calculate it.
I was Gold since FB came into being, and for years previous in The Flying Dutchman, and no long term status was awarded for Gold. Platinum for life does exist currently.

I disagree that KLM has no competition, with Lufthansa down the road, and BRU and CDG have most Airlines also for choice there Worldwide. Many other Airlines coming into AMS not part of Skyteam. EK fly A380’s out, Qatar also fly in now, all the Chinese Airlines, SQ, but KLM’s European network and Delta supply a huge amount of transfer passengers onwards. With no domestic market Europe IS KLM’s local market.
Etihad have a 10 yr codeshare with KLM / AF in place, and Jet airways has joined them, partly owned by Etihad. This is a good consolidation, and there are rumors of Etihad coming closer to Skyteam, but this has been planned to match FFP’s between for some years yet nothing has happened.

I see on here many complaining bitterly of BA, cuts, falling standards, charges galore, so not sure why taking the Forum comments, anyone would wish to remain with them?!