Reply To: British Airways – Naming an aircraft for the Olympic GamesCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines British Airways British Airways – Naming an aircraft for the Olympic Games Reply To: British Airways – Naming an aircraft for the Olympic Games

JohnHarper
Participant

One morning a couple of weeks ago I had an early departure from LHR – 06:45, it was a nice clear morning. I was sitting in the LH lounge in T2 with an excellent Do&Co bacon toastie watching the landing aircraft.

I for many years thought the 747 was a sight to behold and a total marvel of engineering. That morning maybe because of the poor paint jobs and the tired look of the ones that landed – all from the home team I thought the graceful lady was well past her retirement age and looked very tired and worn in comparison to the assortment of other types – from many carriers that landed while I was waiting.

The only other 747s I see regularly are those of LH (not sure anyone else is flying them in any number any more) and by comparison they are so smart. When I got down to the gate my three month old TK A321 was parked between two LH A320s, one a NEO and the other on looking it up was fifteen years old, from the outside they were both pristine as was my TK A321.

Let’s hope the one going to Rio has had a clean and that the outside doesn’t look like a patchwork quilt of touched up paint. I won’t however hold out too much hope.

ABBA.