Reply To: Avianca A330-200 Business (long-haul)Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines Avianca Avianca A330-200 Business (long-haul) Reply To: Avianca A330-200 Business (long-haul)

DarioMattiello
Participant

WORST Executive Class experience ever. Avianca/Taca is supposed to be a growing and classy airline, one of the LATAM airlines, but it turns out to be a true disaster.

My itinerary was EZE-BOG-PTY AV 088/060 in full fare Business Class ticket.

The additional 70 lbs baggage I carried that was supposed to be charged at 155 US$ was finally charged in EZE at 189 US$ and after making a second cue (besides the check-in one) only to pay for the luggage fee. A total of 45 minutes at check-in (for a full fare Business Class ticket). A true scandal.
30 minutes delay in take off at 8 AM in the morning for an EZE-BOG flight. No traffic at all, but extremely long procedures to board.

My Business Class almost lie flat seat (4J) was not working. No recline, no feet rester, nothing.

No way to make it work, even though the crew tried to do something. I was the only pax staying in the upright position for all flight long, since the Business Cabin was full of “friends and families” upgrades. Filled a complaint for it, with the help of the purser. No news since then from Avianca.

Terrible breakfast: the scrambled eggs seemed hard rock, very limited bread, no true milk for the coffee, etc. The prelanding snack was a slice of undecent pizza.

A sandwich on Easyjet would have been more tastefull.

Entertainment system quite good, so as the onboard duty free shop, even though some of the articles I requested weren’t available.

Landing ontime, plane recuperated the delay inflight. The final surprise was that one of my luggage went lost in BOG, prior to my connection to PTY. When I discovered the lost lugagge in PTY, it took me 30 minutes to localize the Avianca agent there to fill the complain. Nobody at the lost lugagge desk for 30 minutes after the lugagge recollection. They brought my luggage 24 hrs after at my hotel.

To sum up…good luck if you choose Avianca…