Reply To: Vietnam Airlines A330-200 EconomyCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines Vietnam Airlines Vietnam Airlines A330-200 Economy Reply To: Vietnam Airlines A330-200 Economy

TominScotland
Participant

I had booked this route (plus four other legs with VN) a couple of months ago and, in the interim, had received 19 texts encouraging me to upgrade my flight to Business with a 75% reduction to the normal fare. I did not avail of these offers. I was originally booked on a later flight but was informed by e-mail of a schedule change which would have made my connection in HCM City rather tight. I e-mailed the airline with my problem and they transfered me to an earlier flight – great! However, another e-mail told me that this flight, in turn, was re-scheduled, back by about 50 minutes, so I headed for Hanoi airport about the time I had originally planned.

The benefits of a FB Platinum card kicked in as I was able to by-pass horrendous Economy queues to Business where processing was slow but not too protracted. I made my way through Security and waited in the general area as my FB status does not get me access to VN Lounges for domestic flights.

A further delay was announced before boarding commenced. I was able to board quickly, having had to persuade the gate Agent that, despite my Economy Boarding Pass, I was, indeed, entitled to do so. Once aboard, the benefits of the A330 kicked in – good legroom and a spacious feel to the whole experience.

In the end, we took off exactly at the time my original flight was due to go. Service was a filled roll and soft drinks, delivered with efficiency rather than a smile!!

We landed after a 1’45” flight and a short taxi later deplaned into the Domestic Terminal from where I made my way to International and my next flight.