Reply To: Etihad First Lounge Abu DhabiCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines Etihad Airways Etihad First Lounge Abu Dhabi Reply To: Etihad First Lounge Abu Dhabi

AspirationalFlyer2
Participant

Just in the interests of balance, I used this lounge at the beginning of February and it was a good experience. I agree that the delay in opening a new first class lounge is frustrating and the website could be clearer, but when I visited:
(i) the lounge was virtually empty;
(ii) I was given a guided tour of the lounge and was shown and sat in the roped off area;
(iii) the spa was empty and I was offered two complementary spa treatments straight away – the staff were great, as were the treatments;
(iv) lots of free PCs in the business centre and fast wi-fi; and
(v) I was waited on hand and foot, albeit I wasn’t feeling great and had minimal food and drink (there was a very good selection but agree that the quality is arguably more business than first).

Overall it was a good experience and I personally was aware that there was a joint business and first facility in operation. By point of contrast I was in the Abu Dhabi lounge used by BA last week (for which I’ve posted a review) and personally found the Etihad lounge far superior.

Editor – review is here: http://www.businesstraveller.com/discussion/topic/British-Airways-B787-9

Notwithstanding the above, if I was paying for first class and had a 7 hour layover, I would definitely opt for Qatar if the price is the same or similar – the QR lounge is far better.