Reply To: Thomas Cook Airlines A330-200 Long haulCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines Thomas Cook Airlines Thomas Cook Airlines A330-200 Long haul Reply To: Thomas Cook Airlines A330-200 Long haul

mitchy376
Participant

Me and my family flew economy to Orlando’s Sanford airport in economy.

Gatwick airport was obviously very busy on the day of our departure but we booked into the No1 lounge which offered some very nice views of the runway including the plane that we flew on arriving. Check-in staff didn’t seem to have very much experience in the way that Thomas Cook perform but that was because they were on loan from Delta.
The outbound flight to Sanford was very good, with a very attentive cabin crew and decent legroom.

The entertainment was also okay but because we were on the old layout a330, it used a channel system which meant a wait between shows. The food was also okay. The captain kept us well informed as to our location and so did the cabin crew when asked, probably because the map was down during the whole flight. The leather seats weren’t too comfortable but the downstair’s toilets were very good because there was very little queuing in the aisles.

Orlando’s Sanford airport was nice and quiet, which was pleasing and check in was fast. Security was also easy to get through. The inbound flight to the UK was an overnight flight in a newly renovated a330. The entertainment on this flight was considerably better because it was on demand, but other than that, not much was different, apart from the lack of contact from the captain and the less attentive cabin crew, but that was probably because they were tired and didn’t want to interrupt people’s sleep, or lack of sleep in some cases… loud children most of the time, but what do you expect, its Florida.

Overall, I was really pleased, especially after reading some reviews on here. Take no notice! I would recommend Thomas Cook Airlines to anyone.