Reply To: Thomson Airways B737-800Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines Thomson Airways Thomson Airways B737-800 Reply To: Thomson Airways B737-800

Ciprian Hirlea
Keymaster

From Exeter to Tenerife-Sur

This was a week's winter break in the sun of Tenerife.

Normally to fly anywhere we would travel for 3 hours to LHR or LGW so it was a delight to leave home and be at the airport within half an hour.

The flight was an early one leaving at 07.40 which meant arriving at the airport by 6. Checkin was quick and painless and we were allocated 4e and 4f as we had paid for extra legroom. We quickly proceeded through security and were able to enjoy a hot English breakfast in the restaurant prior to boarding. Bang on time, the flight was called and we walked 30 metres out to the aircraft. Smiling faces greeted us and boarding was completed within 10 minutes.

The aircraft was obviously pretty new with blue leather seating. The flight was not full so we were able to keep the centre seat free. The legroom was the same as the old style BA Club Europe.

We took off on time and shortly after the crew came through to take orders for hot breakfasts. Having eaten in the lounge we only had coffee, but it was Starbucks and at least tasted like coffee. A further drinks service was offered about 2.75 hours into the 3.5 hour flight. The crew were smiley and chatty.

We landed 20 minutes early in the warm sunshine of Tenerife and were bussed into the arrivals where the luggage arrived within 10 minutes.

I could not help comparing this flight with the last BA short haul flight I took from LHR – an experience that I would prefer to forget with delays, surly cabin crew and inedible catering. Admittedly that was a business trip and this was a vacation but it is all about attitude and I felt that the Thompson crew were genuinely concerned about our well being.

Review courtesy of Seatplans.com. Original review by user Mickb can be found here