Reply To: Thomson Airways B767-300ER (258 seats) v2 Standard Class long-haulCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines Thomson Airways Thomson Airways B767-300ER (258 seats) v2 Standard Class long-haul Reply To: Thomson Airways B767-300ER (258 seats) v2 Standard Class long-haul

marccarden
Participant

Went from Newcastle to Cancun via Manchester for refuelling, delayed at the start due to the incoming flight from Orlando sanford, boarding was on the Newcastle airport departure screen throughout the departures area. We were on boarding 45 mins before take off and we had good seats.

Take off is towards the East and we were heading to Manchester, so the seat belt sign stayed on. It took about 35 mins, so when the plane stopped at Manchester, no one was allowed off, plus I was allowed to make some phone calls, plus as there wasn’t any food put on at Newcastle, plus they changed the cabin crew and pilots as well, so the plane took off to Cancun. They give us some forms for Mexico and they did help me to fill them in.

The flight entertainment wasn’t that bad and the cabin crew did check on us, hot meal after 90 mins from take off and sandwich 90 mins before landing at Cancun. The pilot kept us informed of weather at Cancun.

Landing was fine, but getting the luggage took a while as we were in a queue for our tourist cards, after picking up our suitcase your luggage gets checked again and we were put through to the first choice rep.

Coming back the rep told us our checking desks and we had to pay 800 peso. For departure tax, check in was fine and we went to departures. Cancun isn’t cheap for food, I was hot, our flight came in 20 mins early, we are called to boarding gate 1 hr before departure, but boarding happened 40 mins and everyone was on 25 minutes and the pilot announced that the plane can move 5 mins early which happened.

After take off, we were allowed to use the tvs in front of us after 25 mins, no questionnaire on the plane. I looked at the map on where you are, I did have a bit of sleep and I didn’t eat the meals. The cabin crew were again great and the pilot kept us informed of the weather in Newcastle and we are to be in Newcastle around 7.15am instead of 7.50am, and the flight will land in the west instead. We landed at 7.10am, but we had to wait for the bus to take us to the terminal of Newcastle airport, I would use Thomson airways again even it was a first choice plane.