Reply To: Thomson Airways B767-300ER (283 seats) v3 Standard Class long-haul

Back to Forum

samuelmorris
Participant

My only reason for the assumption that it would have been ETOPS certification was that I’m unaware of any ETOPS routes the Thomson 757s actually fly, and I was guessing that each individual aircraft has to be certified for ETOPS, but I don’t really know much about that legislation. it’s worth noting we weren’t actually boarded until shortly before takeoff. Once we actually boarded the 757, we pretty much sat down, belted up and pushed back. The entirity of the additional unexpected 90 minutes was spent at Gate 3 at T2. We could have just sauntered off to the departure lounge again if we knew how long the delay would be, but nobody would really give us anything more than ‘boarding shortly’ until we actually did.
Equally possible there was a defect with BYAY though, there was probably a reason it wasn’t in service that day.
Very nearly booked the flight with Virgin due to personal reasons potentially requiring a last minute separate booking, but decided against it due to the dramatically increased cost. Was quite jealous to see VS075 set off on time, and taxi past our gate. Was more jealous when I got home and realised that Virgin’s A330s were only two weeks old!

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls