Reply To: Thomson Airways

Back to Forum

ClareWilliamson
Participant

On arrival at the airport on 22nd April for our flight to Florida my husband and I were very disappointed to learn that there were no Premium seats, as booked, available on our flight to Sanford, Florida. The assistant at the check-in desk was less than helpful and merely shrugged her shoulders. Not wanting to cause a fuss we accepted our fate and our standard apology letter and hoped for the best.

On boarding the plane we were horrified to see that this plane was not even a standard long haul plane, but a aircraft normally used for short haul journeys meaning that the seat pitch was somewhere in the region of 28”, considerably less than the 33” economy seating promised on the Thomson website, certainly not more than BA, Virgin as detailed.

To add insult to injury after boarding the plane, the flight was delayed by 40 minutes, meaning that my husband was uncomfortable before we had even left the ground. After sometime the pilot made an announcement detailing that this plane could not hold enough fuel to fly to Florida and that we would need to stop in Bangor, Maine information that should have been provided from the outset. After takeoff we were further disheartened to learn that the audiovisual equipment on the plane was broken, fixing it would have meant a ‘long delay’ I must say I found this somewhat farcical since the cabin crew had made a big show of handing out headsets for a flight with no entertainment.

The plane was truly not fit for purpose; row one being used to store food during the flight, the front emergency exit filled with rubbish bags. Around an hour and a half before arriving in Bangor all the toilets had blocked. I am horrified that Thomson find this an acceptable standard of service.

In total we were aboard the awful plane for 12 hours, several hours of which my husband spent standing as it was preferable to sitting. After boarding on time we eventually arrived in Sanford over two and a half hours late.

Thomson should be mortified by their lack of customer care!

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls