Reply To: Is Air India Safe: Pilots Put Newspaper Over Windshield

Back to Forum

craigwatson
Participant

VK – “Any pilot will tell you it is essential to have outside visibility, even at night. ” – yes, but only when VFR, not when flying IFR.

It is essential to have good vis when flying VFR, not so much when IFR. There are only a few commercial pilots that would actually be looking for traffic while in the cruise, otherwise after 10+ hours of staring at the sun you are not going to be in good shape.

I’m sorry, but I dont really see the big difference between placing a newspaper over the windscreen, or using maps/checklists.

Dont get me wrong, Air India does have some serious problems, but I think the media have seen this story and jumped on it because it sounds good to the public.

And finally VK, thats a bit harsh commenting on Inquisitive’s english, as it’s pretty clear that his native language is not english. I can guarantee that his english is better than my grasp of whatever his first language is, and i’d hazard a guess that would apply to you as well.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls