Reply To: Open Skies Stonking Deal: 75k BA Miles and BAEC Silver

Back to Forum

Binman62
Participant

Simon, agree with you. BA have abandoned the UK Market preceding instead to focus on the USA and Mainland Europe. Pulling out of BHX was an awful decision and if like you I lived there BA would not see me.
I did move my address to Europe and I am now a euro cheat, for this year at least as I will no longer fly BA first other than with miles, and that is increasingly as described on other posts.
Currently there is again a 100,000 mile giveaway in the USA and this silly offer on open skies who are clearly struggling.
Flew first to/from Phoenix recently in first. Crew superb, food satisfactory, wine good but aircraft dirty and in need of serious cleaning. This included the new first product which is simply a refurb rather than anything new.
For this BA are demanding £9000 return and frankly they have to be joking.
Whilst in the US there was extensive article on airlines generally selling miles to generate revenue but restricting availability. This is certainly true of BA where many routes have no seats at all for 9 or 10 months of the year.
I have asked this question here before but got no answer. Since the 50% redemption offer 3 years ago when was the last significant offer to UK passengers and exec club members? Indeed when was the last time they ran any advertising here?

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls