Reply To: AirAsiaXCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines Air Asia / Air Asia X AirAsiaX Reply To: AirAsiaX

AussieM
Participant

Interesting comments & perspectives!

I hadn’t actually seen the one configuration you indicated, so it was booked on the basis of the XL seat as featured on their website, & the Business traveller review & associated Google found reviews, & passenger photographs.

As this is a dayflight for me (some are 01.30hrs from MEL!), leaving lunchtime, it appears quite adequate for my trip, on this sector. I am well aware that the seat is the only feature that differs, & to be honest for the £800 extra, to fly with say MH in C class, I will be more than happy to sit by the Harbour having an early lunch, then off to fly!

Not dis-similar from the MH Golden lounge at KL, or SQ 1st Class lounge in SIN (was there in Jan 08 just opened), a la carte dining in the lounge prior to departure. Seems good to me to hop on the flight, MP3 & Laptop /dvd selection, & be comfortable with the room available. I stay at Pan Paific always through KLIA, so i usually have dinner there when i arrive anyhow.

Its been awkward to say the least to get anything out of BMI on Star Alliance in or out of Australia using miles – They are deliberately NOT purchasing seats for FFP members it seems at the moment…
I tried 12 airlines, every gateway in the EU, via US, ZA, Canada, “No seats” they “Claim”.
I know the Coportate Business Manager for SQ In Australia, & he checked, & they do have Star. All seats on those booking classes. Also some of the TG PR people. confirmed same.

So i had no seats out of Australasia at all. I am pleased with my XL seat onAir Asia.
I fly SQ Raffles from Amsterdam & down to Sydney, & KLM from Singapore through Amsterdam WBC, to peaceful LCY to arrive home.
So i am very content.

This is not a business trip for me, i fund this myself, so i want value & quality on the longer haul sectors, which i have through my accrued miles, & Business seats.
It would & will be very interesting that those that associate all the extras luggage lounges etc, with status, when their Companies no longer fund travel in the current climate, or restrict C class tickets. I have Etihad & KLM Gold cards, so i retain all the perks some pay a C class ticket for anyhow, or their Company pays.
With the regularity of being in Sydney, the £800 saved on that sector, actually funds a terrific rate of 2 /4weeks apartment over Darling Harbour in Sydney. Or my 4 days in Melbounre & Singapore as stopovers.
My XL seat alone, therefore, is really no sacrifice!