Reply To: AirAsiaXCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines Air Asia / Air Asia X AirAsiaX Reply To: AirAsiaX

OzTraveller
Participant

I recently used Air Asia X from Gold Coast to Kuala Lumpur in XL class and I have to say it was very good considering the fare (an XL promo fare). Load in XL was about 40% no more and the seats are quite OK for daylight flights. Wouldnt take them personally for any overnight flight as I cannot sleep unless totally flat. Pre booked the meal which was basic to say the least (still in its foil wrapping) with plastic cutlery. Glass of Australian red OK only, didnt ask for a second. Paid about $5 i think. Service is standard for a low coast carrier, they were there when you wanted them. No entertainment is the biggest drwaback for some, so take a fully charged IPod or similar. Or a good book, which kept me amused enough. Flight left on time, arrived 5 minuters early, with a superb landing by the malaysian captain. TGhe aircraft itself, the one originally from Aer Lingus, is looking OK, not as tired as some of Qantas’ old 767’s. Its a workhorse that aircraft, it seems to operate all the OOL KUL flights. Guess they maintenance check it out some time.

The Air Asia LCCT at KUL is a shambles. Long lines at the immigration as 2 other flights arrive at the same time. Its also a 20 minute taxi ride from the main KLIA terminal.

I am returning to OOL in March again on Air Asia X from KUL and whilst not suggesting its anything like SQ in B usiness, for the price its adeqauate and in this day and age a penny saved is good enough for me.

Air Asia within Asia is also the cheapest airline and certainly the best of the many low cost airlines flying in Asia.