Reply To: Virgin Atlantic A320 Economy

Back to Forum

Speedbird_ABZ
Participant

I’m all for the underdog as well and would love to see this being a success, BUT I’ve personally had a few problems with VS lately. A through booking ABZ/MIA/ABZ was beyond Virgin, the website and the agent on the phone were both unable to book what I thought would be a pretty straightforward routing. I checked both sectors separately and there was availability, timings were ok – maybe a bit of a wait on the return at LHR, but perfectly feasable. Gave up on that one.
A friend travelled ABZ/LHR/ACC on Sunday night and was sending me txts from the LHR/ACC aircraft telling me the connection and service at LHR was a “cluster…” you know the rest. I’m intrigued to hear his story when he comes back.
I don’t think the ABZ route will last much past next summer – they don’t have the connections required from here – especially once they drop ACC, and they need to be more competitive to win the ABZ/LHR traffic.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls