Reply To: Virgin Atlantic A320 Economy

Back to Forum

NTarrant
Participant

MAN-LHR VS3044

This was the return half of my previous review of this new service. I checked in on line and decided to have the boarding pass sent to my mobile. Again my seat had changed from that selected, 3A to 9A.This was a text message with a link which then produced the boarding pass. This was fine but for some reason during the day my Blackberry decided to dump most of its charge.

Arrived early for check in, which was due to commence at 1655 and it was 1645. I waited nearby and at 1655 an agent appeared and after giving him time to get ready approached the desk. I asked if he would issue a paper boarding pass as the battery was on red, this was no problem. Having a lap top bag and a small trolley bag I was expecting to check in the case, to which the agent said it was no problem to take it on.

Proceeded through security which was literally straight through and made my was to the Escape lounge. This is the former Flybe lounge which before that was the other half of the BA lounge. It is quite new and I was warmly welcomed and was asked if I had been there before, when I said no she proceeded to explain the facilities which was quite helpful.

Flights are not called in the lounge and there is a lack of screens in certain areas which meant keep getting up to look. There were sandwiches, cheese and biscuits, tray cakes and fruit. Alcoholic drinks are availabe from the bar at an additional cost. Wifi available, but being at by the wall next to the BA longe I picked up the BA wifi!

At 1820 made my way to gate 18, after a short wait the flight was called, greeted with a “hiya” from the two female crew at the entrance. My seat was a little cramped and was thankful that I had no one next to me, infact there were only 21 passengers on board.

After airborne a service of drinks and either a biscuit if you had hot drinks and crisps if you had cold drinks, no choice. Once all cleared away Love Hearts were offered.

We arrived between 5 and 10 minutes early but had to wait whilst the airbridge was put in the right place and we eventually disembarked 10 minutes after arrival.

In some threads posters have commented about the “chavvy” way of Virgin cabin crew. On this flight I could understand the comment, the crew were pleasant though, but not as good as the outward flight.

A fairy reasonable flight, the seat was a disappointment. I probably would use this service again if the price was lower than BA, which was the driver for this round trip

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls