Reply To: Virgin Atlantic A320 Economy

Back to Forum

NTarrant
Participant

LHR-MAN VS3047

Checked in on line and found that my original chosen seat of 2A was now 7A! Information is clear that you can only take one item of hand luggage so I checked in my bag. There was no queue and I was dealt with in a welcoming and friendly manner.

I visited the Servisair lounge in T1. There was little on offer, soup and roll, some cake, crisps and that was about it, a lot of people “dossing” in seats. This was at 1145, I left at 1215 and ambled down to gate 8, going through the security section which I was dealt with almost silence.

Boarding commenced at 1235 and on reaching the desk found that my seat had been changed to 12A, which was sold to me on the basis that it was an emergency row and I’d have more leg room. Going by the other seats it was a good change. I was greeted with a hello from two crew members and found my seat. The flight was less than a quarter full.

We were ready to go at 1300, but due to air traffic this was delayed by five minutes. Once airborne the crew served drinks and a snack which was a bag of what looked like crisps for those that soft drinks or a large biscuit for those who had hot drinks. Once everything was cleared away, A small packet of Love Hearts were offered.

Arrived five minutes early, baggage arrived 15 minutes later and was out of the airport by 1415.

All in a pleasant flight and interested to see how the return flight goes.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls