Reply To: Is it just me or is Virgin Atlantic service slipping?Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines Virgin Atlantic Is it just me or is Virgin Atlantic service slipping? Reply To: Is it just me or is Virgin Atlantic service slipping?

TimFitzgeraldTC
Participant

Guest Poster – Great insight

On the rumour of VS switching to Abu Dhabi then it is entirely plausible. It won’t have a huge impact on VS Holidays as those going to the Jumeirah area (a large proportion of there customers on package holidays) can get to Jumeirah in about the same time from AUH as from DXB (and sometimes quicker if traffic is bad in DXB). Also with further development in the Jebel Ali area then flying to AUH if equally as good as DXB.

With VS Australia (VA) flying into AUH it makes sense and would give VS a 2nd route to Australia with the current offering via HKG (and maybe HKG-SYD will be dropped with VA to AUH and VS to LHR being the preferred route). With VS struggling financially this could make good sense. I don’t know how well the SYD route is doing for VS in terms of yields as not privy to this information, but I guess dropping HKG to SYD would be a good cost saving if the route/yield is struggling.

Also AUH is growing as a destination in its own right and is underserved in comparison to DXB, so it could be a clever switch.