Reply To: Is it just me or is Virgin Atlantic service slipping?Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines Virgin Atlantic Is it just me or is Virgin Atlantic service slipping? Reply To: Is it just me or is Virgin Atlantic service slipping?

superchris
Participant

Like a lot of frequent flyer programs, its just about knowing what represents value and what doesnt. The companion vouchers are poor value, unless you can bring a partner on a ‘paid for by the business’ flexible ticket, which is unusual.

Miles and money fares are also a poor use of miles. Yet I found the points via ancillary spend quite good value (especially purple parking) and then burning via W or J class tickets pretty good. I recently had an upgrade voucher via my credit card and was able to use it against a miles sale fare to gt a bargain one way fare in w class joburg – heathrow. Plus have done at airport upgrades to J for a reasonable amount of miles.

Agree re the service though. Its an old product, particularly the A340-300’s, and the staff get really bored of apologising for it. Their Vegas route also, from a service point of view is a dog. Largely due to all the outrageous stag dos on board and again the staff find it hard to bite their lip.

A bit of investment needed from a US and Middle East sugar daddy is needed perhaps…..