Reply To: Is it just me or is Virgin Atlantic service slipping?Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines Virgin Atlantic Is it just me or is Virgin Atlantic service slipping? Reply To: Is it just me or is Virgin Atlantic service slipping?

tonyrastall
Participant

No question, fantastic ad campaigns, but I can’t help feeling they are in danger of over promising and under delivering.

I have flown them many times to / from USA and on most flights there are “issues” i.e. short trip to Vegas last year, flight out cancelled a few days before for no explained reason (gather it was too empty) and offered alt dates, having lost the special seats in Upper we had reserved – wife is a Dr so last minute holiday date changes not a 5 min job, no offer of any compo – flew out to Miami last week in Prem Economy – asked for a few things (nothing outrageous, a sweetener for my coffee, and an extra sandwich) on both occasions they said they would come back – of course they didn’t.

Flying back with them to day again in Prem Economy, nothing in my screen worked (no light, no movie, no call button) – i was told i could not be moved because the plane was “chokka” (despite being asked at check in if I wanted to pay over US$1600 to fly back upper!) – my compo here 4000 airmiles or a £20 voucher (apparently 12 other seats had the same problem!), and then of course the classic a few years ago on the virgin credit card scam where you spent x grand to get a free companion ticket, but of course the trap was the first ticket had to be sold to you at max full price, so it was inevitably cheaper to buy 2 cheapies on line – what maketing genius came up with that one?

Met a Virgin staff member who said they got very bad feedback from loads of their frequent fliers for that gag. Finally, add to that the tired planes and the old bed seats, (and an increasingly user unfriendly freq flyer programme) and I can’t believe I am saying it, but I would these days rather go BA!!