Reply To: Little Red’s a Little Cracker!Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines Virgin Atlantic Little Red’s a Little Cracker! Reply To: Little Red’s a Little Cracker!

Having read VK’s report I have to wonder wether or not his entire trip was taken for the purposes of general derision and making it look like BA shines as usual. You really should be the chairman of UKIP Air VK. We can all go back to round screen TV’s and Morris Minors and chaps who have to spin the propeller to get the engine started. Your attitude towards others on board makes me wonder why you fly with anyone else period and don’t have your own cellophane bubble.

I had to reply because my husband and I went on Little Red last week having never been to Edinburgh. The prices were more than reasonable,
just £215 return for 0920 flight returning on the 1850 next day. The same fare on BA was £335 – so no complaints about the cost.

I travel with a passport as a matter of course, just easier that way and find any exaggeration of the need or not for photo ID all flummery. In my opinion, everyone should have photo ID for a flight.

As to the flight? It was smooth, straight forward, boarding was happy and easy with no hassles, the app worked, booking was simple although very geared to international flights, it was hardly a big deal. The plane was really very pleasant, the crew were attentive as one could expect in the time and frankly the nit-picking is just not deserved. My only concern is that the Air Lingus planes are up to the job, since last week there have been two technical failures and one 3003 flight took off and went directly back to Heathrow.

As a regular user of the Virgin App for iPhone, I know it’s dated, so do they and the last update made clear it was the last and a new app from the ground up would be out by October this year, aligned with the still improving but vastly better (and I think easier to use than BA’s) website. At present i will grant BA that they have probably the best mobile app of any airline anywhere. Even Lufthansa’s is not up to it.

We found the whole VALR experience a really enjoyable one and as husband reminded me, I now go up a level on Tier points from those gained last week. And VK while Manchester has no need to fly over water, Edinburgh and Aberdeen both do often, depending on the wind direction and flight conditions.

And Edinburgh, what a lovely city. I’d love to go again. Take care boys!

AB